Although I’m not a huge fan of jewelery (I’d rather accessorize with bags and shoes) I still come across some items that I wouldn’t mind wearing to accentuate my outfits. I find that when I wear just one item, I like the look much better than wearing both, rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces. The end result is less Russian hooker and more low key J Lo.
Whether you have a penchant for bling, or like to wear a couple items on occassion, the below categories are what’s trending right now…
The Understated Sparkle
Think – Minimal, Delicate, and Subtle
This doesn’t mean that it’s not eye catching and bling-y, just that it won’t overwhelm your outift or give off a gaudy vibe. Rosegold is perfect if you’re looking for something fresh and new yet subdued and classic.
1. Tai Pav Feather Cuff $110
2. Elizabeth & James Northern Star Statement Ring $195
3. Kate Spade Cooper Grand Watch $250
4. Rebecca Minkoff Pave Link Ring $68
Think – Stately pieces, lots of dazzle, and big jewels
These pieces are best worn to formal events but really, ain’t nobody need an excuse to wear this kind of bling. Jewels on a Monday morning? Why not.
1. Dannijo Ceclie Earrings $297
2. Alexis Bittar Nova Spherical Clip Ons $375
3. Club Monaco EB Statement Earrings $170
4. Deepa Gurani Multi Drop Necklace $310
5. Erickson Beamon White Shade of Pale Ring $315
Think – Red and emeralds, Indian and African influence and gold.
Best worn with flowy tunics, strappy sandals and messy updos.
1. Ben – Amun Multi Stone Handpiece $175
2. Kenneth Jay Lane Filigree Clip Earrings $84
3. Shashi Carlita Cuff Bracelet $63
4. Elizabeth & James Northern Star Cabochon Ring $295
I want to mention that these pieces are obviously a guideline, there’s thriftier versions everywhere. I actually really like the rings at Forever 21 and they go for like $2-8. Either go for a splurge on a piece you really love or go ahead and spend $6 on a similar version. After all, it’s not the price of the piece that portrays how trendy it is, it’s how you wear it.